What to do after a car accident?
- Stop and stay calm. Never drive away from the scene of the accident,even a minor one.
- Safety. Check on everyone's safety and call emergency service if necessary.
- Call law enforcement authorities immediately. Stay at the scene until police file a complete report and ask questions.
- Take pictures. If you have a phone or camera handy, take pictures of the scene, damage of cars involved, and license plates.
- Make an accurate record. Make notes and/or a rough drawing to explain how the accident took place, this will help you remember details later on.
- Exchange ination. Secure the names, telephone numbers, and addresses of the involved parties, including witnesses.
- Report the accident. Do not discuss the accident except the police or insurance company. Do not pay the other party.
- Call ELG Auto Body Shop, Inc. Have your vehicle towed to our shop if not safe to drive, if safe see us as soon as possible.
- Call your insurance. Notify them about the accident, and that you took the car to our shop.